Wednesday, July 10, 2024

THEY CARE πŸ©ΊπŸ‘¨‍⚕️πŸ‘©‍⚕️


(The 1st of July is National Doctor's Day. 

FB Memories reminded me of this post today, that I wrote 5 years ago, on the 10th July' 2019. So, thought I would share it here.)

Everytime I hear someone grumbling about Doctors or Health Care Professionals in general, I feel a little sad. It really hurts, to see how their genuine concern, is so casually crushed underfoot, by rash generalizations. 

Having gone through a couple of intense major surgeries myself, I have spent about two long stints in hospitals, when I was younger, in my 20's. Then of course, between 2009 and 2018, when both my parents were sick, over a span of 9 or 10 years, I have interacted with more Doctors, Nurses, Nutritionists and other Health Care Professionals and Hospital Staff, than ever before...and in my experience, each of them has been a Blessing, (even the ones who do the most simple and seemingly ordinary tasks, in a Nursing Home or Hospital). 

Interacting with them at close quarters, over a prolonged period of time, I have watched them 'Balance' their own struggles and emotions, their own health and families, and their work, together with people's expectations. 

As a Teacher, I know a little about the 'Unreasonable and Unrealistic Expectations' of Parents, especially because they feel they are paying 'High Fees'; and so are entitled, to a lot of things. What Patient's Families expect of Doctors, is kind of similar. Since the Hospital bills, are pretty exorbitant these days, everyone feels they deserve to be treated like Royalty, and that they can speak to people working in hospitals, just as they please.

It is definitely not easy to be a Doctor or to work in a Hospital, in an age when everyone simply equates their job to a 'Business', because Medical Costs and even the price of Medicines, are extremely and often illogically high, these days.

But I know, that each of these individuals, has enriched my life in different ways. Every interaction with a Health Care Professional, has made me 'Respect' them more and more.

Irrespective of the Conclusions that people draw, I know that 'THEY CARE', because I have seen it for myself first-hand. 

How I wish, that people did not just so heartlessly, disregard what they do, every single day.😞

To all the Doctors and Health Care Service Providers, that I have ever had the privilege of knowing, right through my life...

THANK YOU FOR MAKING A DIFFERENCE.πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•


(The pictures are just a collage of pictures, that I found from different places on the internet.)

No comments: