(This is a 4 year old post, that I wrote on the 2nd of July' 2020, in the midst of the Lockdown. 'FB Memories' often brings back these great reminders, of a lot of 'Special Times', which were memorable, even in the middle of one of the darkest moments, that the world ever saw.
Am saving this post here today, 4 years after writing it, so I won't ever forget those times and those 'Special People', who filled my dreary and lonely world, with 'A Bright Ray of Sunshine', in those moments when I needed it most.✨️πΆ)
A friend posted this question yesterday...
'What are you most Grateful for, in these last 100 days of Lockdown?'π€
...Lots of things actually; but I think for me, I'd say, I'm most 'Grateful' for all those, who have filled the world with the 'Sound of Music', during this time.π...I've literally stopped watching TV completely, because there is so much 'Live Music' happening all the time, both on FB and YT.
As someone, who is a regular for many Musical Theatre, Choral and other Music Performances in Mumbai, there was something important 'Missing' in my normal schedule, when every show just got 'Cancelled' suddenly, one day in the month of March' 2020. (I actually got a refund on '4 Shows', happening in March and April), that I had already booked tickets for.)
Even today, three months later, so often, I find myself wondering, when I will be able to go back to the NCPA or Andrew's or the Royal Opera House; and actually enjoy a 'Live Concert On Stage' again. I miss the joy that those 'Live Stage Performances' bring. I long for it to all begin again soon.I miss seeing so many of my friends performing.π
But, while we all wait impatiently, for the 'Tide to Turn'; and as we keep looking out for that 'Elusive Rainbow, hidden somewhere behind the dark clouds of Uncertainty', I truly am 'Grateful to Musician Friends', both the ones who've been Friends for a long time; and many, many new ones, that I've 'Connected With' over this time, thanks to the Lockdown...Each one of You, has 'Brightened up my Days, in more ways than you know'.π Through every note you've played, and through every song you've sung, you have 'Coloured my World with Melody and Harmony'.πΌπ€πΆπΈ
I know how expensive 'Music Concert Tickets' are; and at a time, when you're all at home, literally wondering 'What next?', you've been sharing your 'Talents and Gifts' with all of us, absolutely 'Free of Cost'...In fact, I have watched more 'LIVE' performances and 'Virtual Musical Collaborations', in three months, (without actually buying a ticket), than I ever would have been able to go for, in an entire year; and from some of the 'Best' Singers and Musicians there are.✨️❤️
So, this post is just to say 'Thank You' to all of you, again.
'Thank You for the Music' and 'Thank You for each Smile'.π€π
The end of this Pandemic, may seem like an 'Impossible Dream' at the moment; but hopefully, 'The Sun will come out Tomorrow'.π»π»π»
...Till then, Thank You for being our 'Bridge Over Troubled Waters'.ππ¦ππ
(I just found and collected all these very appropriate pictures, from different places on the internet.)


No comments:
Post a Comment