Sunday, July 28, 2024

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS ✨️

 

(When FB Memories reminds me of six year old posts like these, it really makes me ponder and think about so many things.

This was something I wrote, on the 28th of July' 2018. That was during the last couple of months of my Mum's life, when she was only under 'Palliative Care'. After battling two Cancers, over a span of about nine years, there was nothing more that Medical Science could do. As a result of the rapidly spreading Cancer cells, and the large number of Chemo sessions, which she already went through, her body had become too frail and just couldn't take any more.😒

Without Medication, she was under such a tremendous amount of pain, that on most days, she didn't even know who I was. I spoke to her, but didn't get a response from her. She was there and not there, at the same time.πŸ’”

Only I know, what those last three months of her life were like.😞

What a struggle it was, to go to work every day, and to try and concentrate on whatever I had to do there; when all the while, my terribly stressed out and sleep-deprived mind, was not really sure if she would still be alive, when I got back home.😒

People often speak about 'Functioning on Auto-Pilot'. During those months, and in the years after she passed away, I actually experienced and understood, what going through life on 'Auto-Pilot' meant.

...And in the midst of all that, I wrote posts like these on FB, every other day.πŸ€”

Looking back, I think I probably had more 'Faith and Strength' in those times, than I do now, six years later. Maybe, these 'Self-Motivating' posts, were just my way of reminding myself, to 'Trust and Keep the Faith', even though I knew what was coming.🀷🏻‍♀️

Today, I guess these old posts come back to me as 'Reminders', to 'Keep Going, even when I don't understand why.')

28th July '2018 ✍️

Every single person goes through tough times and it is very easy to grumble, complain, point fingers and find faults, during these rough patches in our lives. These are also moments when we could easily 'Blame God', for everything that is going wrong and question Him, about why He is letting things happen to us. 

However, if we try and be 'Grateful' for the tiny little 'Blessings' that we see around us, even in those trying times, our burdens would definitely become so much easier to bear, simply because we are making a conscious effort, to focus on the happier and positive side of life, even at times when it is hardest to do so.😊


(Am also adding two Gospel songs to this post today, that I love; because like this old post, they just remind me, to 'Count My Blessings' and to 'Sing of the Goodness of God', even in moments when I don't really feel like singing anymore.)

GOODNESS OF GOD 🎢

- Cece Winans


COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS 🎢

- Guy Penrod



(The picture above, is one that I just found on the Internet)

No comments: