If there is one Singer, whose songs were like the 'Background Score' to so many of our lives, during our childhood, it has to be Jim Reeves. Almost every home has his 'audio cassettes' and they were just played repeatedly, over and over again, all the time; so often, that those Songs and that amazing 'low voice', just stayed with many, many of us.
The moment I hear a Jim Reeves song anywhere, it automatically transports me back in time; and countless 'Memories' come flooding back, instantly. It makes me think of my 'Parents and Grandparents', who probably introduced me to these songs, right at the time when I was a baby in the cradle. Sometimes I think, that I was probably listening to these old songs, even when I was still inside my mother's womb; since they were just playing at home, 'constantly'. That may be the reason why, I'm so fond of them. They remind me of 'Special People', who aren't with me anymore.✨️
MOONLIGHT AND ROSES (Song Lyrics)
'Moonlight and Roses bring wonderful Memories of you
My heart reposes in beautiful thoughts so true
June light discloses Love's golden dreams sparkling anew
Moonlight and Roses bring Memories of you'.πΆπ
Carlton Braganza has sung many, many lovely Jim Reeves tunes on Jukebox Jammies, over a span of four years; and each time he sings one of those special melodies, it is absolutely 'Nostalgic'. Carlton's voice sounds great singing any song; but I think, the Jim Reeves songs, just sound really good, when he sings them. I Love a lot of his songs, and it is extremely difficult to pick, which ones I like more than others; but since I can't post all the songs at once, I'm sharing just three of my favourites today.
YOU'LL NEVER KNOW (Song Lyrics)
You'll never know just how much I love you
You'll never know just how much I care
And if I tried, I still couldn't hide my love for you
You ought to know, for haven't I told you so
A million or more times.
You went away and my heart went with you
I speak your name in my every prayer
If there is some other way to prove that I love you
I swear I don't know how
You'll never know if you don't know now. πΆ
The magic of any Jim Reeves song, is in those 'low notes'. They sound quite 'magical' when Carlton sings them too.
We'll never get to hear the real Jim Reeves sing for us; but I'm glad we have Carlton Braganza to remind us of his songs, every time he sings one of them on JJ.π
WE THANK THEE (Song Lyrics)
We thank Thee each morning for a newborn day
Where we may work the fields of new mown hay
We thank Thee for the sunshine
And the air that we breathe
Oh Lord, We Thank Thee.
We thank Thee for the rivers that run all day
We thank Thee for the little birds that sing away
We thank Thee for the trees
And the deep blue sea
Oh Lord, We Thank Thee.
Oh yes we thank Thee Lord
For every flower that blooms
Birds that sing, fish that swim
And the light of the moon
We thank Thee every day
As we kneel and pray
That we were born with eyes
To see these things.
We thank Thee for the fields
Where the clovers grow
We thank Thee for the pastures
Where the cattle may roam
We thank Thee for Thy love so pure and free
Oh Lord, We Thank Thee.❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment