Wednesday, May 15, 2024

DIFFERENTLY ALIKE 🎶

 

I thought of this song yesterday, because it was an appropriate title for my previous post.

In my mind though, I could hear the Jim Reeves version of the song; because that's the song I remember, from my childhood days.🎶

Today, I discovered another version by Alan Jackson, which has very different lyrics. 

One song, sung by two different artists; but because the lyrics are not identical, they almost sound like two different songs. ✍️

PRECIOUS MEMORIES (Song Lyrics) 🎶

- Alan Jackson

Precious memories, unseen angels
Sent from somewhere to my soul,
How they linger, ever near me
And the sacred past unfolds.

Precious memories, how they linger
How they ever flood my soul,
In the stillness, of the midnight
Precious sacred scenes unfold.

Precious Father, Loving Mother✨️
Fly across the lonely years,
And old home scenes, of my childhood
In fond memory appears.

Precious memories, how they linger
How they ever flood my soul,
In the stillness, of the midnight
Precious sacred scenes unfold.

I remember, Mother prayin'
Father too, on bended knee,
The sun is sinkin', shadows fallin'
But their prayers still follow me.

Precious memories, how they linger
How they ever flood my soul,
In the stillness, of the midnight
Precious sacred scenes unfold.

'Precious Memories' fill my soul.❤️


No comments: