Friday, May 03, 2024

I'D WANT IT TO BE YOU 😊🎶

 

Discovered this lovely duet by Barbra Streisand and Willie Nelson, a couple of years ago; and I loved it. They have changed a few of the lyrics in the original song, to incorporate some of the titles of their songs; which I thought was really sweet.😊

I love the way they've made this Lyric Video too. It's such a meaningful song about 'Friendship and Love'; and even if you're not lucky enough to have anyone to sing it for (because the only one 'Best Friend' you ever had, is somewhere up there, in those Blue Skies), it's still a great song to listen to.🎶

I'D WANT IT TO BE YOU (Song Lyrics)

- Barbra Streisand and Willie Nelson


Time has a way of changing everything

That goes for almost anything but us;

Always have and I always will remain

Words from a heart that you can trust.


While others come and go

You can always know I'm here for you

Whenever you might need me.


Sometimes, if you're lucky

You find that certain someone

You can always count on to be true;

If I had the choice of only one friend in this world

You know that I'd want it to be you.


You're still kind of crazy

After all these years,

You'll always be that funny girl to me;


Season to season we'll always have a reason

To be the best of friends that we can be.


Someone you can turn to, every minute of the day

Warm memories to hold on to, that will never fade away.


Sometimes, if you're lucky

You find that certain someone

You can always count on to be true;

If I had the choice of only one friend in this world

You know that I'd want it to be you.


You're like the sweet familiar song,

A good book when I'm alone,

A cup of coffee when I'm cold,

A country road that leads me home.


Sometimes, if you're lucky

You find that certain someone

You can always count on to be true;

If I had the choice of only one friend in this world

You know that I'd want it to be you.


When I get on the road again

You'll be always on my mind;

We'll stay the way we were forever true,

There's no one in this world that's been a better friend to me,

Than You.✨️❤️

No comments: