'Because you don't know, what it means to me'.🎶
Those words from the well-known 'Queen' song, often play in my head, automatically. I guess, like most unforgettable songs, a few lines just stay with you; and you're reminded of them, just 'out of the blue', at different moments in life.✨️
I heard another song yesterday, which had almost the same title; but this one is an 'Original', by that wonderful musician and Choir Conductor, Mimosa Almeida Pinto. Sung by 'The Sassy Songbirds', with a lovely video too; it's such a sweet song. I guess the photographs in the video, make it even more 'Special'.💞 And the saxophone accompaniment by Jarryd Rodrigues, also adds so much to the song.🎷
I have heard 'The Sassy Songbirds' singing, on a number of occasions. All accomplished performers individually, they came together and formed this lovely little quartet, just a little before the pandemic. So, at that time, we got to hear them sing as a group, mostly through all their online songs and shows that they posted, together with other performers.
Once the pandemic was over, we got quite a few opportunities to hear them singing 'Live', at various venues around Mumbai...And just a few days ago, I got a chance to be there, for their very first performance, at the 'Prithvi Theatre'.
It was an awesome show, where the wonderful Ella Atai, Marie Paul and Mimosa Pinto, (accompanied by Mimosa on Piano, Leander Pinto on drums, and by the legend Louiz Banks too, for a couple of songs) sang so many 'All-Time Jazz and Swing Favourites'.
The wonderful harmonies, were arranged by Mimosa. Their selection included many, many 'much-loved Jazz tunes; and by adding 'harmony' to them, they just made those everlasting songs, sound even better. Everyone who was there, enjoyed every minute of the performance. It was a 'Full House', even though it was a Sunday morning show.😄
They sang a few of their Original songs too, that day, which I also enjoyed. This one was my favourite. I loved the lyrics of the song; and so, looked for it online, when I got home.
How true this is for so many or us; and not just during the pandemic, when this song was composed, but every single day, even now.
Music is like the 'Love of Our Life'.😊 It's 'Something Special', that 'keeps us company' when we're 'All Alone, On Our Own'; and it's the one thing, that we would never want anyone, to take away from our lives, because 'people would really never know, how much it means to us'.🎶
Truly, 'Music Fills My Soul, In Solitude.'✨️❤️

No comments:
Post a Comment