It's so wonderful how we connect with different people, for different reasons.😀
Nalini Sorensen is a writer that I have followed for a few years, who writes books for children. We share a love for writing, creativity, music and have a lot of common friends too...But, the one thing that has connected us, more than all those reasons, is a shared feeling of loss and emptiness, when you lose people who are very dear to you.😢
How beautifully Nalini has expressed her sense of loss in this little piece, which she wrote in response to the word-prompt 'password'. As I read this, I thought about how every person, who has loved and lost someone dear to them, would be able to identify with this so much.
How just about anything and everything, becomes a new and ever-changing 'password' to take you back in time, and re-live moments and memories; and yet, unlike other passwords, it cannot really unlock all the pain and anguish.
Writing can be extremely therapeutic. I'm glad to have friends with shared life experiences like these, that show us how so many people, have similar struggles; and how we all find our own little ways to try and cope with grief.✨️❤
(Had shared this post on FB, 2 years ago, on this day, 9th May' 2022. I had asked Nalini Sorensen, if I could share her poem that day, and she agreed.
This came up as a FB memory today, and so, I just thought I should save it here as well; as a beautiful reminder, of how losing a loved one or two, makes all of us feel exactly the same.)

No comments:
Post a Comment