One of many, many songs, that I used to hear my Dad singing at family parties, when I was growing up (Although I remember him singing this song, at a much faster pace, than this slow rhythm.)
He used to sing a lot of these old songs so often, that I think I unconsciously picked them up over the years, without anyone ever teaching me these songs.
PRETEND πΆ
- Nat King Cole
Some of the countless songs, that I remember him singing, just off the top of my head - Pretend, Invisible Tears, Blueberry Hill, Paper Roses, Diana, Help me make it through the night, and the list could go on and on...
INVISIBLE TEARS πΆ
- Dean Martin
I literally still have this drawer full of his audio cassettes, with so many of these old songs. So, I'm guessing these songs must've been played a lot at home, constantly; in addition to him singing them, at every family party.
BLUEBERRY HILL πΆ
- Fats Domino
Like I often do, I was thinking today, of the many, many sing-song sessions, at family get-togethers and parties.π I think, without really trying to, I learnt lots and lots of old songs, on occasions such as these, when I was growing up.π
PAPER ROSES πΆ
- Marie Osmond
Between my Grandfather (mum's dad), my Dad, my Godfather (The three awesome singers in the family), and all the other Uncles and Aunts who enjoyed music too; and thanks to those Pop-Hits books, we were never short of songs to sing. So, long before YouTube and the Internet came along, my 'Music Education' had already begun.πΆπ
Later of course, these sing-along traditions have carried on, at our many choir parties and picnics; where we enjoyed singing together, with everyone adding some harmony here and there and making it more enjoyable. We've kept lots of people's neighbours awake and entertained, at some of these gatherings too. Good memories!π
All these happy memories, are probably why, over the years, these tunes have just stuck in my memory, and why they make me feel so nostalgic, anytime I hear anyone else singing them anywhere. No doubt, the singers who sing these old songs today, all sing them really well; but when I hear these songs, I can actually hear my Dad's voice in my head, as they transport me back in time.✨️❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment