Thursday, July 31, 2025

XAVIERITES FOREVER! 😊💕

 

The 31st of July is the Feast of St.Ignatius of Loyola, and every year on this day, I am always reminded of my days at St.Xavier's College and St.Xavier's Institute of Education (SXIE). They will forever remain, the best 6 years of my life as a student. 

Some of my most talented and successful friends in various fields today, have been the ones I met back in college. That 'Xavierite Connection' with old College friends, and with Xavierites anywhere, will always remain unique and special.😊💕

This new College Anthem was composed a few years after we left college, by Fr.Terrence Quadros and Fr.Roy Pereira.


This video from 'The Xavier's Special' on Jukebox Jammies #97, which happened on 11th July '2020, has the old College Anthem, that I remember. This one, was sung by Kim Cardoz. We used to enjoy singing this Anthem, back in SXC. 🎶


...And I also remember this fun song, sung in college, quite a few times; earlier by my Principal Fr.Emil D'Cruz and Fr.Terrence Quadros; and then later, by my Professor and Principal Fr.Frazer Mascarenhas, together with Fr. Terrence, who was the Counsellor of the College for many, many years. Fr.Roy Pereira would accompany them on the piano, even back then. 

Over the years, Fr.T has modified these lyrics. But it was always enjoyable, to listen to them singing this song.



(Videos shared from various pages on YT.)



No comments: