(An old FB Memory from this day, 6 years ago. I had written this post, on 13th July' 2019, after watching one of my favourite movies, being enacted on stage, for the first time.
I have watched this film, hundreds of times, when I was younger. So, I was really excited to watch a stage version of it. It was an enjoyable experience.😊
This was also the first time, that I watched the talented Zervaan Bunshah perform on stage. Was so great watching the older Bunshah sibling, act and sing that day, just a few months after I had seen his amazing sister Delraaz, performing in India's first original Musical, 'Sing India Sing'.🤗💕)
After having watched the movie 'My Fair Lady' innumerable times over the years, I was looking forward to watching the stage production by Raell Padamsee's Ace Productions today.
I thoroughly enjoyed the performance. A wonderful cast comprising of a varied age-group and different levels of experience, together they completely did justice to a classic movie through their performances on stage.
Comparisons to the original are inevitable, when so many people in the audience know all the dialogues and songs almost by heart; but despite that, I doubt anyone left the auditorium disappointed.
Most of the lead performers have wonderful voices and there are some great actors among them. The actors who played the main roles of Eliza Dolittle and Professor Henry Higgins, were fantastic; but everyone else was awesome too. Well done to the entire cast and also to everyone in the team!👏👏👏
This is just the opening weekend. Those who've loved the movie, do not miss this stage production tomorrow or the next round of shows, of this classic and much loved Musical.😊


No comments:
Post a Comment