(Today seems to be a day for re-posting multiple old FB Memories, on my blog.
This one is from last year, 18th October '2023.)
October was a 'Birthday Month', for both my Mum and me. One thing that Birthdays help me realise over and over again, year after year, is that I really have been 'Blessed', with lots and lots and lots of 'Special People' in my life.π
In addition to my extended Family, (who I know will always be there, whenever I need them); there are so many countless Friends, who have crossed my path over the years. Most of them, I haven't seen in years; but that 'One Birthday Wish' every year, 'whether near or far away', keeps us 'Connected' still.π
Although some people remain a 'Constant' for most of our lives, like our Cousins, Uncles and Aunts and very close Childhood Friends; a lot of the Friends we make in life, are a part of our world for just a few years, before we all journey on, in different directions. It's actually so amazing, how at various stages and phases in our lives, we become 'Closely Connected' to different groups of people.
For me, that list ranges from old Neighbours, that I've grown up with, (who've now moved away), to MIG, Xavier's, SXIE, Univ classmates, to DB colleagues and Teachers from our various DB schools, to Friends from Choirs I've sung with, and other friends I've always known in IC, to Dear Friends that Music and the Pandemic brought into my life, over the last few years.π️
...The list of people who we meet and become Friends with over the years, is just endless, if we really sit down and think about it.
Most of these Friends and Family, we may not even meet, as often as we used to, or talk to anymore, other than a couple of times a year, only on Birthdays and Occasions; (and a lot of times, just because FB or one person on a whatsapp group reminds us.)
But even that 'One Line' from a loved one, literally from all corners of the globe, always makes me 'Smile'.π
It also makes me feel immensely 'Grateful for every single person who Cares', (despite the fact that I have pretty much turned into a 'hermit crab' and been very distant, and have preferred to keep to myself, in recent years).
Thank You everyone, for 'Always Being There', even from afar.π€❤️
To every single one of you, and most especially to 'Friends who are a Part of my World, in this present phase of Life', 'Thank You for being my Chosen Family'.✨️
Just wanted to let you know, that 'I'm Grateful for You'.π
This meaningful song, really conveys the thoughts in this post, in the Best possible way.π
CHOSEN FAMILY πΆ
- One Voice Children's Choir
'We don't have to be related to relate,
We don't have to share genes or a surname,
You Are, You Are...My Chosen Family.'π
(...and I just love 'Winnie the Pooh'. It's one of my Favourite Cartoon Characters. So, I'm always saving these pics, whenever I find them anywhere.)π



No comments:
Post a Comment