'The Wedding Song' by Noel Paul Stookey (1971) - I didn't know, that was the name of the song, till I heard it on the 'Golden Girls' show on Jukebox Jammies, three years ago. Carlton Braganza had done a whole bunch of songs from the year 1971, in that online session; and this was one of them.🎶
I had sung this song numerous times before that, with my choir, but I always knew the name of the song as 'There is Love'.💕
Someone had once picked it, for a Wedding Mass that we had sung for; and since that time, we all loved the song so much, that it became a common choice, for many, many Wedding Masses, over the years.😊
This is a lovely instrumental version of the song; but am posting the words of the song below. It's such a beautiful song. Was a really good surprise, to hear it on JJ, back in 2021.❤
A couple of days later, Carlton recorded the song, by adding some harmonies, and posted this video. It was great to hear the song, with two Carltons on one screen, which everyone really liked.😊
FB Memories has been reminding me of these posts, for the last couple of days. So, I thought it was a good song, to add to my 'Jukebox Jammies Memories', here.🎶 As compared to the large number of favourite songs and happy memories that I have, from four years of listening to JJ, I still haven't posted a lot of songs from the show, on my blog. I guess, I need to slowly start adding a few more JJ songs, to this section.✍️
WEDDING SONG - THERE IS LOVE 🎶
-Noel Paul Stookey
(Song Lyrics)
He is now to be among you at the calling of your hearts
Rest assured this Troubadour is acting on His part.
The union of your spirits, here, has caused Him to remain;
For whenever two or more of you are gathered in His name
There is Love, there is Love.
For a man shall leave his mother and a woman leave her home
And they shall travel on to where, the two shall be as one.
As it was in the beginning, is now and till the end;
Woman draws her life from man and gives it back again.
And there is Love, there is Love.
Well then what's to be the reason for becoming man and wife?
Is it love that brings you here or love that brings you life?
And if loving is the answer, then who's the giving for?
Do you believe in something that you've never seen before?
Oh there is Love, there is Love.
Oh the marriage of your spirits here, has caused Him to remain
For whenever two or more of you are gathered in His name
There is Love, there is Love.✨️❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment