This was a Group, that I was introduced to, when I was in college. A friend back in Xavier's, used to love their songs, and he would always speak about the music by 'Bread'.
The lyrics and the soulful melodies written by the Singer/Songwriter David Gates and performed by his group 'Bread', are really 'aimed straight for your heart'.❤️ Songs that make you 'feel every word', as if they were written 'Just for You', are truly the most beautiful songs.🎶😊
LOST WITHOUT YOUR LOVE (1976) 🎶 (Song Lyrics)
- Bread
Lost and all alone,
I always thought that I could make it on my own;
But since you left, I hardly make it through the day,
My tears get in the way, and I need you back to stay.
I wander through the night,
And search the world, for the words to make it right;
All I want, is the way it used to be,
With You here, close to me,
And I've got to make you see.
That I'm Lost without Your Love,
Life without You, isn't worth the trouble of;
I'm as helpless, as a ship without a wind,
A touch without a feel,
I can't believe its real.
And someday soon I'll wake,
And find, my Heart won't have to break.
Yes, I'm Lost without your Love,
Life without You, isn't worth the trouble of;
All I want, is just the way it used to be,
I Need You, here with me,
Oh darling, can't you see,
If we had Love before,
We can have it back, once more.❤️
The first time I heard this song 'If', was when my college friend Vivek Antonio, sang this song, at either the Malhar elims, or probably at a Talent Contest in Xavier's. That is close to three decades ago now...But I still haven't forgotten, the way he sang this song.🎤🎶
Some songs are just 'Magic'...And when amazing Voices sing a beautifully written song, they just enhance that 'Magic', and take it to another level.✨️😊
We didn't have digital cameras back then. So, I don't have the song, recorded in Vivek's voice. But a few years ago, two of my super-talented friends, Neuman Pinto and Beven Fonseca, recorded a 'Cover version' of this song, which is also really lovely. So, am sharing that one today.💞
IF (1971) 🎶 (Song Lyrics)
- Bread
If a picture paints a thousand words,
Then why can't I paint you?
The words will never show,
The You, I've come to know.
If a face could launch a thousand ships,
Then where am I to go?
There's no one Home, but You,
You're all that's left me too.
And when my Love for Life, is running dry,
You come and pour yourself on me.
If a man could be two places at one time,
I'd be with You,
Tomorrow and Today, beside You all the way.
If the world should stop revolvin',spinnin',
Slowly down to die,
I'd spend the end with You,
And when the world was through,
Then one by one, the stars would all go out,
Then You and I, would simply fly away.✨️❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment