Tuesday, June 11, 2024

A SIBLING WORTH REMEMBERING✨️❤️


One of my favourite 'brother-sister' musician partnerships, was Karen and Richard Carpenter. This sibling duo, known as 'The Carpenters', gave us so many, many beautiful songs, way back in the 70's. I love quite a few of their songs; and the whole world, still joyfully listens to and enjoys, their very popular melodies, even five and six decades later.😊


Karen Carpenter sadly left this world, at a very young age. Somehow, that makes me think of my own brother. He would have been celebrating his Birthday, in a couple of days. There are many different things that I dream of and imagine, about what my life would be like, if Nathan was still around. Among other things, I often wonder what it might have been like, if the two of us, had been able to make music together, like they did...πŸ€”

...Just Wishful Thinking!🀷🏻‍♀️

Whenever something is on my mind for a while, I usually like to write about it. So, I thought I would post two of my favourite songs, by 'The Carpenters' today. I love a lot of their songs; but these two, have such beautiful words.✍️

I HAVE YOU 🎢 (Song Lyrics)
- The Carpenters

I have always been a Dreamer,
Followed visions of my own;
I was Born to Belong, to the Lines of a Song,
And make them my Home.

I believe in Happy Endings,
Though I've only known a few;
For as rare as they are, like a bright falling Star,
I found one in You.

Sometimes,
All the world can seem so friendless,
And the road ahead so endless,
And the Dream so far away.

Sometimes,
When I'm almost to surrender,
Then I stop and I remember,
I have You, to save my day.

Often my Imagination,
Has me reaching out too far;
When I fell, you were there, with your hand in the air,
You knew from the start.

Sometimes,
After all, you've done to save me,
Through the Love you freely gave me,
Every step along the way.

Sometimes,
People ask what keeps me going;
And in truth, it comes from knowing,
I have You, to save my day.

Sometimes,
Feeling helpless, when I held You,
Wishing Words would come, to tell You,
I have You, to save my day.✨️❤️

YOU 🎢 (Song Lyrics)
- The Carpenters

You are the one, who makes me Happy,
When everything else, turns to grey;
Yours is the Voice, that wakes me mornings,
And sends me out, into the day.

You are the crowd, that sits quiet,
Listening to me,
And all the mad sense, that I make,
You are one of the few things, Worth Remembering...

And since it's All True,
How could anyone, mean more to me than You.

Sorry if sometimes, I look past you,
There's no one, beyond your eyes.
Inside my head, the wheels are turning,
Hey, sometimes I'm not so wise.

You are my Heart and my Soul,
My Inspiration,
Just like the old Love Song goes.
You are one of the few things, Worth Remembering...

And since it's All True,
How could anyone, mean more to me than You.✨️❤️

Yes, both these Songs are very meaningful. But, another thing that I enjoy doing, besides listening to lovely songs, is to hear the 'Stories behind the Songs and the Singers'. So, it was great to discover this video of an interview today, with Richard Carpenter, from a 'Morning Talk Show'. 

It would have been so amazing, if Karen Carpenter had lived longer, and had sung a lot more songs; but she sure has lived on, in so many of our minds and memories, for a long, long time, through her Voice and her Songs.😊🎀🎢


(The videos posted, have been uploaded by various people on YT.)



No comments: