Saturday, June 22, 2024

LEAPING LIZARDS ðŸĶŽ

 

I've never been a pet-friendly person or an animal lover. I guess, my parents were not really fond of pets; and so, we didn't ever have any at home. Probably that's why, I wasn't ever inclined towards, having animals in the home. My grandparents and a few of my cousins, did have dogs and cats as pets; which meant that I wasn't too keen, on visiting them often either. If I did, I was very vary of their pets (especially the dogs), the whole time, that I was in their houses; and I usually, kept my distance from them, as much as was possible.ðŸĪŠ

While dogs and cats, are creatures that almost become members of the family, in homes that love animals; there are some 'creepy-crawlies', who often come into our home and occupy it, as if it is their own. But most of the time, they invade our personal space, without even being asked to. These are my least favourite creatures of all. Even though, they may be a lot smaller, as compared to dogs and cats; the way they suddenly creep up on you, and dart around, all over the place, always irritates me.ðŸ˜ą

As long as my parents were around, I could comfortably scream and jump onto the bed, till my dad, and later my mum, found a way to drive them away, or make it known to them, that they are most definitely 'unwelcome guests'. From the time, I have had to start doing what my parents used to do, myself; it has been one of the toughest struggles of my life, each time one of these creatures, decides to make their way, into my life.😰

Somehow, lizards have a way of showing up more frequently, once the monsoon sets in. I presume, they want to be away from the rain, and so seek shelter, in any home, with an open window or balcony. 

But, from the moment they are first spotted, till I can find a way to drive them out of my life, they cause, so much of discomfort and unnecessary stress. I can't jump on beds and scream anymore, because I have to do what has to be done, to ensure that they are gone forever; but how much my pulse races and I'm sure my blood pressure rises too, till that target has been achieved.ðŸĪĶ‍♀️

So often, I wish they would just stay away; or visit other homes, where there were more people to be entertained by their unwanted antics, and to chase them around. They sure do cause a lot of turmoil and upheaval, in the life of a person, who isn't much of an entertainer at all, and who definitely doesn't enjoy, her solitary existence being disturbed, by these totally 'uninvited visitors'.ðŸĶŽ

No comments: