...Because we often need to remind ourselves of this fact, every single day. Even when we know that it's only a song, it is just reassuring to say this to ourselves. It's like giving yourself a warm hug, whenever you need it.🎶
There are a few songs, which truly have that magical effect on people, every single time you listen to it, even without the lyrics.
I picked this version, because I loved the harmony between the two instruments.🎷🎻
YOU ARE NOT ALONE 🎶
- Michael Jackson
I just happened to pick this song today...and then, a few moments later, I realised that the 25th of June, was also coincidentally, the day when Michael Jackson died. So, I thought I would add a little anecdote about that day; because it's something, that I will never forget.😔
Although I like lots of songs and many singers, I used to listen to and love, quite a few MJ songs, when I was younger. I still remember, how I found out that Michael Jackson had died. It really came as a shock to me, as it did, to practically the whole world.
I had just finished taking the attendance in my class, early on that 2009 June morning, when a little boy in Class 6 (who was a huge MJ fan, and who remained one, till he passed out of school) came up to me and said, "Miss, did you hear that MJ has passed away. It was on the news this morning, before we came to school."
My instant response was, "What Nonsense!" But he persisted, "No Miss, it's true. It was on TV."
Imagine getting through a day, of facing class after class, and trying to concentrate and focus, when your day begins, with totally unexpected and unbelievable news like that.
I guess, we just feel a very different kind of 'Connection' with some 'Celebrities', especially the Musical ones. We may have never met or seen them. They may live continents and oceans apart from us...And yet, (in some strange way), the music and the songs they sing, make us feel like we know them.
...and their sudden disappearance from our lives, really hurts like nothing else.😢
ALL THE THINGS YOU ARE (1973) 🎶
- Michael Jackson
(Didn't know there was an MJ version of this song, till I heard this just now.)
So many years later, I still miss MJ. Just imagine how many more amazing songs, he could have sung; if only the many personal and emotional struggles, of living a life of stardom, constantly in the spotlight, hadn't got in his way.
YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND (1972) 🎶
- Michael Jackson
I love this song; and it's so great to hear it today, in that young (but amazing) MJ voice, from way back in the 70's.
(These videos have been uploaded on an MJ fan page and another page on YT.)
No comments:
Post a Comment