Thursday, June 13, 2024

SAINTLY NAMES ✍️

 

Lots of people give their children 'Middle Names', based on the 'Feast of the Saint' which was closest to their birthdays. My Brother and me also got our 'second names', because we were both born on the Feast Days of 'Special Saints'. 

So, I was named 'Francesca' because I was born on the Feast of St.Francis of Assisi; and Nathan's middle name was 'Anthony', because he was born on the Feast of St.Anthony of Padua.😊 

More than it just being a tradition, I think some parents hoped, that their child would imbibe some of the 'good qualities' of the Saint, who they were named after. In Nathan's case, he didn't really get a chance, to be around long enough to do that.😢



Every year on the 13th of June though, I always wonder about the kind of person he would have grown up to be, if his life hadn't been cut short, so abruptly. How he would have looked, the kind of things he would be interested in, the talents he would have had, who his friends would have been...My 'Imaginative Mind' always wonders, about so many different things.🤔

Nathan would've been 41 today. I only got a chance to celebrate 6 of those birthdays with him, because he left us just a few months before his 7th Birthday; but every year on this day, I remember...

...because 'Memories', even when they are only a few, make you feel 'Closer' to the person, more than three decades after they've gone too. Some 'Love Stories' just live on Forever (at least, in our Hearts).✨️❤


(Had posted this on FB two years ago, on the 13th of June' 2022. Lots of 'FB Memories' to read today, because I always post something on this day, every year.

The pictures with this post, are probably the cover pages of Children's Books. I haven't read any of the the three books, but I liked the pictures. So, am sharing them here.)😊

No comments: