Sunday, November 17, 2024

...BECAUSE I'M HAPPY✨️πŸ˜„

 

(An old FB Memory from this day, two years ago, 17th November '2022.)

Most of the time, when I write posts like this, it is more to 'Uplift and Motivate' myself, than others. If it makes other people feel good too, that's just a 'Bonus'.

This has been a sad week, in which I attended two Funerals, on two consecutive days.😒 

So, I was really glad to spend the afternoon, with old colleagues from DB today, who have been my 'Friends like Family' for 20 years; but who I hardly ever get a chance to meet now. That completely cheered me up.✨️πŸ’ž

...And then FB reminded me of this post today, which also made me 'Smile'.😊


Was trying to look back and remember, some of the 'Happiest' moments in my life thus far, just because 'Happy' days make you 'Happier'.😊

(That sentence made me think of my 'Degrees of Comparison' English Grammar classes back in DB.πŸ˜‚)

I think, the day when I saw my name on the 'Admission List' at Xavier's, is probably right up there. That's the first thing I thought of just now. It's something I had wanted, for the longest time; and so, that confirmation that I had got in, just made my day.πŸ’•


Another 'Happy Memory' is receiving an extra-special audio cassette as a 'Surprise' on my 21st Birthday, on which my friend Marcelle, had managed to record lovely birthday wishes, in words and song, from so many, many Friends and a few Professors too, in College. 

I don't even know when she managed to do that; going all around Xavier's, for days before my Birthday, and secretly recording these awesome 'Voice Messages' on her Walkman. (That was in the days before Mobile Phones.)

Some of my old college friends, may remember being on it.😊 I must've listened to that tape hundreds of times, for years after that.

Best Gift ever!πŸ€—❤️


If I actually sat down to make a list, it would probably be an endless one, with thousands of those happy moments, made at Don Bosco.πŸ’ž

😊Travelling and discovering innumerable new places, together with the DB children, on every single school trip, over the years. Memories to Cherish Forever!

😊The Joy I felt, at the end of every huge Annual Day Production, that had turned out so beautifully on stage. There's nothing that can match the feeling, of helping children discover their Talents, and playing a small part in shaping those inborn Gifts, through Plays, Songs and Performances at School Assemblies, Functions and big Musicals too. Watching them bloom and grow right before your eyes, is 'Priceless'.πŸŽ€πŸŽΆπŸ’•

😊The Happiness that holding every issue of the School Magazine, I had worked on for months, made me feel...Unforgettable! Even though I lovingly put together, a couple of those each year, for close to two decades, I still didn't outgrow that 'Joyful Feeling', at seeing a copy of the latest 'Bosco Flash', fresh from the Printing Press in my hand, because for me, each issue I worked on, was 'A Labour of Love. ✍️πŸ’–


One happy thought sparks off another. It's almost like setting off 'a chain reaction of Joyful Memories'.❤️ The more time I spend thinking about this, the more moments, people and experiences are coming alive, from different stages in life and with different groups of people, that I have interacted with, all through life's journey. 

There's so much to be 'Grateful' for in one lifetime, if we only take the time to think about it. πŸ™

I guess, if we all spent a few minutes occasionally, trying to remember 'Moments that made us Smile', it would really brighten our day so much.😊 

Happy Memories from the past, could bring lots of 'Sunshine and Joy' to our 'Here and Now'.πŸ˜„

Just try it out some time; and you'll see, how it works like 'Magic'.✨️❤️

No comments: