(A two year old post, written on FB, on the 2nd of December '2022.)
In one word, 'That Christmas Spirit and More', Curated and Produced by Darren Das and Niloufer Rohira, at the St.Andrew's Auditorium in Bandra last night, was absolutely 'Spectacular'.πππ
Anyone who knows me well, knows I love music and knows, that music has been an integral part of my life, for as long as I can remember. Right through school and college events, church choirs, and even as a teacher at DB, just everywhere, it has been the one 'constant' factor. In fact, I think almost 90 percent or more of the closest friends I have, are musically inclined in some way or the other.π
So it just happened, that during the years of the pandemic, I automatically gravitated towards some more music-lovers (virtually) from all over the place, thanks to many different performers who sang online, on FB. It was so great to meet so many of those friends on one evening, at a concert last night. Many, I have now met a few times, and some, I was meeting for the first time; but almost everywhere I turned, there was a familiar face, and the most special thing is that, 'Music' is what brought us all together.✨️❤️
π Darren Das, Siddharth Meghani and Karen Vaswani are performers I have watched on stage for years; but thanks to their online music, we connected.
π Sonia Saigal and Giselle Pinto, I discoved during the lockdowns; and it was so great to finally hear them 'Live' yesterday.
π Gary Lawyer, Vivienne Pocha and Shazneen Arethna are just awesome; and I always enjoy listening to them on stage.
To hear them ALL, singing so many songs each, in one show, was a real treat for anyone who loves music.❤️
With a fabulous 'Band of Musicians', (Shyam Raj, Ashley Quiney, Cassy Lobo, Arthur Lobo and Russell Fernandes) great backing vocalists Chelsea Das and Zoe Siddharth), spectacular lights (including that dazzling Disco Ball) and really awesome LED graphics; the show was just so well-packaged and quite 'Outstanding'. The evening had so many 'Wow' moments in it, that after a point I couldn't keep track of the number of things I loved about the show.ππΆπ
The entire team led by Darren and Niloufer, deserve a really loud round of applause, for planning and executing such a beautiful evening of Music, that everyone in the audience loved. The way everybody was singing along, was proof of how enjoyable the show was. 'Thank You for the Music'.❤️











No comments:
Post a Comment