Tuesday, December 03, 2024

GOA TO BOMBAY 🌴🌊

 

(A FB post from two years ago, on this day, 3rd December '2022.)

The 3rd of December always reminds me of Xavier's. Being the Feast of St.Francis Xavier, it was celebrated as our 'College Day', which always brings back happy memories.❤️

It's also a big Feast Day in Goa, because St.Francis Xavier, who is known as 'Goencho Saib', is almost like the patron saint of Goa.

I thought of this because for us in IC, we have two awesome sets of performers from Goa performing at 'Ray - Asha ki Kiran, 2022' this week, which is a fund-raising event, for the Multi-purpose Community Care Centre (MCCC), that the Parish hopes to build in the near future. 


While I'm really looking forward to the  performance by the awesome Band from Goa - 'A26' on Sunday, the 4th; we had one of Goa's legends on stage, right here in IC, last night. Judging by the huge crowd that turned up for the show and that sang and danced along to every song, you could tell that almost everyone was thrilled to have Remo Fernandes, together with his band, 'The Microwave Papadums' playing in IC, for the very first time.😊🎢


I haven't really followed Remo's musical journey or his songs too much over the years, because his style of music is different from the music I generally listen to; but when a performer who makes Goa so proud, literally comes and does a show at your doorstep, how could anyone not be there for the event.😊

...and there are some of his songs that you just cannot miss hearing, because they are so popular, like Maria Pitache, Kaho na Pyaar hain, O Meri Munni and so many more. He sang all of them last night; and the Konkani songs in his set, were very enjoyable too.

At the end of the performance, Remo mentioned that he is 69 years old, and going to be 70 in six months. He definitely looked way younger, when he was performing.😊 

Many of the songs they played in their first session were really long, and I guess because of that, they fell short of time to play all their songs in the second set. That of course, had the audience crying out for 'one more' at the end, which the 10pm sound deadline didn't permit.

Was also awesome to have the amazing Dwayne Das at the sound desk last night.πŸ˜ŠπŸ’• For an event like this, only Roger Drego could do such a fabulous job with the sound.

I also have to mention the acapella group that performed before Remo last night, 'The Afla-Tunes'. I love acapella, but I've heard this group for the first time. They do some unexpected combinations of Hindi and English songs and they're a really talented bunch of young performers. Was nice to hear them yesterday.πŸ˜ŠπŸŽΆπŸ‘ 

Great job as the host too Zubin Fernandes.πŸ’•

Most of all, I have to compliment the team that has worked really hard, to make this event a reality. Our parishioners and friends, that we all know so well, who have come together to make this mega-event a reality. 


The huge set-up, the organisation, the arrangements, even damage control and everything really, are so, so Professional and extremely 'Impressive'. Definitely the 'biggest' event IC has ever seen and you all deserve high praise for making something like this happen here, with every detail taken care of, so well.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Thank You for all the hard work, countless meetings, many hours of planning and mostly your 'Time', that you have all put into this event. I was really proud of all of you last night.πŸ€—❤️

No comments: