Thursday, December 12, 2024

FESTIVAL OF CHORAL MAGIC ✨️πŸ’–

 

(A FB Memory from this day, two years ago, on 12th December '2022.)


😊 Alfred D'Souza's glorious and melodious journey began in Chennai 50 years ago.

😊The Festival of Festival Music at the NCPA, began 39 years ago.

😊My journey of enjoying these beautiful Christmas concerts year after year, is probably 24 or 25 years long too; because this is one concert that I try not to miss every year.

Some beautiful moments that I remember from last night's show at the NCPA.

- The children of the 'Stop-Gaps Junior Choral Ensemble' singing 'Away from the Mistletoe'. Such a cute, cute song and the children's expressions were priceless.πŸ˜‚ 

- Karen Vaswani's choir singing 'WFH (Work From Home) Santa'. I think that song got the most laughs from everyone in the auditorium. Every line was so hilarious. I loved it and I enjoyed the Konkani carol that 'The Victory Chorus Line' sang as well. With all the colourful props, that was a lot of fun too.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

- Hearing the 62 year old Paranjoti Choir singing at the Festival for the very first time was awesome. I have friends in this choir. So, I have heard them at their own concerts on many occasions; but it was lovely to hear them sing at this Festival. Coomi Wadia is a legend; and the way they sing all their songs Acapella, with so much perfection, is just so admirable.

- The Stop-Gaps imitating Alfred in one of their songs was hilariously funny.😊 I think those who've been going for the concerts for years and who've heard stories of Alfred at their choir practices, laughed the loudest at that one.πŸ˜‚

- Avinash Grubb playing the Festival Overture to open the concert.

- One of the oldest members of 'In His Service' from Chennai, travelling all the way, despite having a physical difficulty in doing so, simply because his voice is still 'as strong as ever'. 

- The dazzling smile of Bosco Rodrigues (Faith and Harmony is always a Special Choir to listen to, more because Kevin and Bosco are a part of it).πŸ€—πŸ’–

- Watching Dylan D'Souza, the Conductor of 'The Salvation Singers', being felicitated for his contribution to Music.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

- Having so many dear friends and family, both in the audience as well as on stage.

- The various beautiful songs, picked by the different choirs and sung so harmoniously.

- So many wonderfully talented Musicians accompanying every choirπŸ˜ŠπŸŽΆπŸ’•

...This post would get really long, if I went on, because there is always so much to love about every Stop-Gaps Christmas Concert.😊

Thank You for the Music, Alfred and the 'Stop-Gaps'. This is always 'The Most Special Christmas Concert' in Mumbai.✨️❤️




No comments: