(I love it when FB Memories reminds me of old posts like these. This is one, that I wrote 2 years ago, on 29th March '2023. Had saved it to post later; and forgot about it. So, sharing it today.)
'My come whatever, Unfair Weather Friend'.πΆ✨️π
- Marla Cannon Goodman
Very rarely do we get to hear the voice of the 'songwriter' who actually wrote the song. I found this song sung by Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard, in their last collaboration together.
...and then, I discovered that Marla Cannon Goodman wrote this song with Ward Davis, and that neither of them ever imagined that their song would be sung, by two country music icons one day.ππΆ
So, because we always hear the voices of the singers who sing the songs; I thought I would share this version instead, sung by one of the two songwriters who wrote the song.✍️
Also found a blog post, in which Marla shared the lovely story, behind how the song was written; and how, it later came to be sung by Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard, It's sometimes so nice to hear about, how a song came to life.πΆπ
(Videos shared from different YT pages.)

No comments:
Post a Comment