Wednesday, June 25, 2025

ONLY ONE MJ ✨️🎢

 

(A FB Memory from this day, written on 25th June' 2023. But this post, is actually about something that happened, many years before that. I'm just always reminded of that incident, on this day every year.)


Only One MJ ✍️✨️

I still remember, how I found out that Michael Jackson had died, on this day, way back in 2009. There was this student in one of my classes at DB, who was a huge MJ fan; and early in the morning, just as I was taking attendance in class, he came up to me and said, "Miss, did you hear the news...MJ just died today." 

I looked at him with complete disbelief and thought it must just be some rumour, that he had heard somewhere; and I replied, "That's not possible."

Of course, he persisted and said, "No Miss! It's true. It was on the news this morning, before I came to school." 

I remember being very disturbed that whole day and unable to concentrate on the usual, everyday things, that I was doing in school.πŸ˜”

It's not that I was a crazy MJ fan; because like many great artists, the fame and 'the persona' they create, kind of takes over 'the person', which doesn't really make them the most exemplary people to follow. 

The stories we had heard about his life, (whether true or untrue), didn't exactly make him, a very positive role-model for anyone...but the unexpected way in which, he suddenly vanished from our lives, did take me by surprise; and shocked the whole world as well.

I did love many of his songs; and even though a lot of singers have tried to sing his songs over the years, I think his voice and the way he performed on stage, was so unique and memorable, that there could only ever be one Michael Jackson.❤️

Sharing one of my favourite Jackson 5 songs today, 'I'll Be There', played by another favourite, Dave Koz.🎷✨️



(Found this video of the song, uploaded by someone else on YT.)



No comments: