I spent a couple of hours, with an old DB Teacher Friend today. She now lives out of Mumbai, and was here just for a day.❤️
As I was talking to her, it 'got me thinking about' those extremely 'Close Bonds and Unforgettable Friendships', that I have shared with so many, many people, connected to the DB Family.✨️
Since Don Bosco was a neighbouring School and Parish, for most of my life, I've had Batchmates, who studied in the school, even when I was a student myself; and I interacted with many others, as part of Deanery Youth Activities or the Choirs, when I was in the Youth Group, or when I was singing in the Parish Choir.
Later on of course, since I worked in the School myself for nearly two decades, I made innumerable friends, from the extended Salesian Family everywhere, because of the school.
These 'Friendships and Connections', were not just in my own School, but in various 'DB Institutions', all over the city, across the country, and in other parts of the world as well.π
Each one of those Friends, will always remain 'Extra-Special', even though I hardly meet most of them anymore, except very occasionally.π€π
Two of my oldest and probably, the first Salesian Friends I ever made, way back when I was a student in school, were Fr.Isaac Arackaparambil and Fr.Glen Fernandes. Both their Families, still live in IC.π
They had only just joined the Salesians back then, and were studying at Don Bosco Lonavla, We met during the 'Vacation Bible Joy' in the Parish, when they came home for their holidays.
It is fun to listen to this video again, just a day before the Feast of Don Bosco. If any Friends from IC or the Salesian Family everywhere (Priests, Teachers, Students and their Parents), happen to see this post someday, I'm sure they will enjoy watching this. π
No comments:
Post a Comment