Tuesday, January 21, 2025

PHOTOGRAPHIC MEMORY 😒✍️

 

Each time a loved one,

Leaves us Forever;

It's another reminder,

To hold on, Never.


For no one really stays,

The Journey ends, One Day;

This Life, just a stop-over,

Soon onward, on our way.


When, Where and How,

Only Heaven knows;

Young or old, early or late,

Someday, everyone goes.😒✍️


(Last year, on the 20th of January '2024, an old friend, who had just turned 50, disappeared from our lives Forever...Six days later, very sadly, his mum passed away too.πŸ˜”

It was an extremely difficult time for their Family, to lose two loved ones in just six days. But that week, left all of us friends, feeling 'Completely Lost' too.πŸ’” 

We didn't meet and talk often, because I hadn't been singing with the Choir, for quite a long while; but we'd been friends for many, many years. Connected by our Choir, we had shared numerous happy times and memories - Choir picnics, get-togethers, sing-song sessions around the piano and lots and lots of delicious home-baked cakes.

A few weeks before he passed away, we had all just happened to meet, after a long, long time, at a Christmas Street Festival, when the singing duo Reena and Lindsay, sang in the Colony. 

The picture we took, at that event, is one that I will always cherish.πŸ’– I'm so glad I took that photograph that day. Sometimes, we never know, when it may be the last time, that we may meet and talk to someone, or 'Smile for a picture, Together'.)😒

No comments: