Saturday, September 28, 2024

MUSIC AS THERAPY - BEST MEDICINE EVER!✨️🎢

 

From the day we arrive on the planet, till the day we bid farewell to this earthly life, one thing is Constant. We never stop 'Learning'.

The 'Lessons' are all around us. Sometimes, in the form of actual sessions and talks, like the ones I've shared with this post; but most often, through simple, everyday Experiences. They could come to us, in quite unexpected places, from people of any age group, (including 'Little Children' sometimes). No one knows that, better than a Teacher.😊

When we 'Listen with an Open Mind', there is always so much we can 'Learn', as we move along, through 'Despair and Hope', through 'Faith and Love', on this unwinding path, called the 'Circle of Life'.✨️

(What can I say, I just love the old Disney Songs! 🀷🏻‍♀️ And they make their way into anything I write, without an invitation).πŸ˜„


I watched these two videos, earlier this morning, because just yesterday, I was thinking about how, in my own Life, there are two things that I have always used as 'Therapy'. One of them is 'Writing, Journaling, Blogging', which I find is extremely 'Therapeutic', and works even better than any 'Counselling Session' (especially for people like me, who don't particularly find it easy, to talk to other people.)✍️

I guess, when you've spent all your years in College, with 'Psychology' as one of your Subjects; and then spent two decades of your Life, helping children and teenagers, through their own struggles in Life, and 'Being an Encourager and Motivator' to them, at every step of their Journey; you kind of, end up becoming 'Half a Counsellor' yourself (even if you weren't actually 'Professionally Trained' to be one).😊

Apart from 'WRITING', the other thing that I think works like 'Magic', all the time, every time, is 'MUSIC'.🎢

Consciously and Unconsciously, it helps us to 'Cope' with Sickness, Grief, Loss, Sadness, Loneliness, Hurt, Pain, Despair, Anxiety, Anquish and a host of other, not so positive feelings, Emotions, Moments and Experiences, that every single one of us, struggles with everyday.πŸ’”πŸ˜’❤️‍🩹

This is not based on 'Knowledge', that I have gained from a Book, or from attending a Seminar. It is what my own 'Life Experiences' have taught me. I know, that I have always turned to Music, for 'Solace and Comfort', at every stage of my Life; and it has never disappointed me. Not Once! πŸŽΆπŸ’ž 

I Love how more and more people, across the world, are discovering the benefits of 'Music as Therapy', to help people get through different kinds of situations in Life, that they struggle with. 

I'm sharing these two Ted Talks, that I really liked, by Professionals in the Field of 'Music Therapy'. Maybe, it could help someone, somewhere, (who might stumble upon this blog post one day), to realise, that 'MUSIC truly is MAGIC', and works better than any 'MEDICINE' ever could. 

I use it everyday, and I know it works. ✨️❤️

MUSIC THERAPY AND MEDICINE: A DYNAMIC PARTNERSHIP 

- Dr. Deforia Lane (Music Therapist)


HOW MUSIC CAN HEAL OUR BRAIN AND HEART

- Kathleen Howland (Speech, Language and Music Therapist)



No comments: