A friend who lives in Singapore, shared this beautiful song on her FB page, a couple of days ago. She had just watched the Musical 'Miss Saigon', that is running there, at the moment.
I thought the song was so, so magically beautiful.✨️π
...And then, Me being Me π€·π»♀️, I just had to go and listen to many different versions of the song, and find out lots of different things about the song, and the Musical.
I haven't actually watched this Musical yet; but now, I know a lot more about it, than I did before I stumbled upon that song, on my friend's post.
I don't know when, this 'keeda' to research and find out lots of background information, about anything and anyone I like, first started. I guess, it's an 'Occupational Hazard', for most Teachers.π
In our zeal, to always try and know 'just a little bit more about a topic', than those bright and eager minds in our classrooms, so that we're not completely stumped, when a child asks us a question in class; I think I just developed this passion for 'reading up and discovering', a lot more information, about any subject.
Over many, many years of doing this, for work; now, it has almost become 'an automatic and unconscious habit'; which I find myself doing, all the time.
It's fun though. Keeps the mind active and alert; and constantly 'Learning and Discovering' new things, only fills our brain cells, with lots more data, to store in it.π
(Singapore season of Miss Saigon, 2024)
- Nigel Huckle and Abigail Adriano πΆ
(Another video, with both the Original Cast members of the 1989 /1990 Production, performing two songs from the Musical, at a concert in the Phillipines, many years later.)
- Lea Salonga and Simon Bowman πΆ
LAST NIGHT OF THE WORLD (Song Lyrics) πΆ
From the Musical 'Miss Saigon'
In a place, that won't let us feel,
In a life, where nothing seems real,
I have found you,
I have found you.
In a world, that's moving too fast,
In a world, where nothing can last,
I will hold you,
I will hold you.
Our lives will change, when tomorrow comes,
Tonight our hearts, drown the distant drums,
And we'll have Music all right,
Tearing the night.
A Song,
Played on a solo saxophone,π·
A crazy sound,
A lonely sound,
A cry,
That tells us Love goes on and on.π
Played on a solo saxophone,
It's telling me to hold you tight,
And dance,
Like it's the 'Last Night of the World'.
On the other side of the earth,
There's a place, where life still has worth
I will take you,
I'll go with you.
You won't believe, all the things you'll see,
I know, cause you'll see them all with me.
If we're together,
That's when we'll hear it again.
A Song,
Played on a solo saxophone,π·
A crazy sound,
A lonely sound,
A cry,
That tells us Love goes on and on.π
Played on a solo saxophone,
It's telling me to hold you tight,
And dance,
Like it's the 'Last Night of the World'.
Dreams,
Were all I ever knew,
Dreams,
You won't need when I'm through.
Anywhere we may be,
I will sing with you, Our Song.
So stay with me, and hold me tight,
And dance,
Like it's the 'Last Night of the World'.✨️❤️
(A recent interview with Lea Salonga, in which she re-lives the memory of being cast for the role of Kim, in 'Miss Saigon', way back in 1989, at the age of 17; and also speaks about how the Musical has evolved and changed, over the years, with each different Production, in different parts of the world.)
(The videos are from various YT pages.)
No comments:
Post a Comment