Saturday, April 27, 2024

THE STORY OF MY LIFE ✍️


Just about a week ago, I went for a Children's Music Concert by a group called 'Gleehive', during which I heard a lot of very sweet 'Songs for Children', which I hadn't heard before. This was one of the songs that I really liked that day, probably because it talked about 'Writing down the Story of My Life'.✍️

So, I looked for the song online and discovered that it is from a 'Musical', that has been performed in various schools. There were so many versions of the song on YT, uploaded by different schools. I just picked one of those many performance videos, to share here. 

I loved the lyrics of the song. I think that's because, in some ways, it just reminded me of the 'Writer in Me', who always loves to put all my thoughts into words on a page; and I've been doing that, ever since I was a little girl in school. Some things, don't really change 'As Time Goes By'.😊

Like the words of the song say;

'I don't know where I'm going,

But I know where I've been...

...So, I'm Writing down the Story of My Life.'🎶


I'm also sharing another song from the same Musical, just because it is linked to the first song. This one is uploaded by someone else and not by the same Theatre Group as the first video.

I haven't seen the entire Musical; but just from listening to these two songs, I think that 'Top Secret Personal Beeswax' is actually a Journal or a Diary, in which the character in the Musical, writes down anything and everything she feels like, about all the wonderful Stories and Adventures in her life. 

Once again, the lyrics of the song are really sweet and cute.😊


Hearing these two songs, actually made me wish I was still in DB, so that we could stage this Musical with our kids. I guess, when you've done something for so many, many years, your brain automatically starts thinking about how a song or a play could be enacted and performed, when you see songs like these.

I don't even know what the entire story of the Musical is; but just hearing these two songs, I'm sure it must be a good one.😊


(I found another version of the two songs, which I'm just saving for myself to listen to later, because the lyrics are clearer in them.)




No comments: