An evening filled with Nostalgic Memories and lots and lots of Music. So many Rockstar Musicians on stage and innumerable music loving friends in the audience too. What could be better!🎶
Mrs.Blanche Viegas was a Piano Teacher loved by all her students. I didn't know her personally; but I remember that my Mum used to speak about her family sometimes, and one of her sons used to conduct the Choir in our Parish, decades ago too.
So, when I heard that there was a Memorial Concert in her honour, I wanted to go for it. The fact that I had a few friends singing in the 'Living Voices' Choir, conducted by her daughter, Blossom Mendonca, was an added incentive to go for the show. Of course, when you meet many, many friends, who also happen to be in the audience like you, it has to be a very happy day.😊
There were lots of special moments during the concert. Such beautiful songs were picked. ...And getting to hear someone play the 'Pedal Harp' was just amazing. But what I loved most was seeing how her students have become such accomplished musicians and performers. The anecdotes and stories, that these well-known and much loved musicians, shared about their Piano Teacher, which were filled with warmth and heartfelt Gratitude, were truly so lovely to hear.❤️
As a teacher, it really gave me so much joy to see how far her students had reached; and how wonderfully, they remember her 'still', even though she isn't here anymore. Her legacy lives on in each of them.✨️
At the Finale of the show, they played a song that I had heard a year ago, and loved from the first moment that I listened to it. I was so happy that they had chosen that song. Am sharing it here today. It's from the Musical - Wicked. This is a lovely duet of 'For Good', by Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel.😊
No comments:
Post a Comment