Tuesday, April 23, 2024

NOT MY FAVOURITE WORD ✍️

 

For the first four years of my life, my Dad worked in another country. I was just a toddler back then. So, I actually don't have any recollection of that time at all. But, seeing how little babies yell and scream their lungs out, each time their parents leave the home or when they have to be left with a baby-sitter; I guess, I must've done exactly the same, whenever he left. Somewhere in my sub-conscious memory, having to say those frequent 'Goodbyes' during my earliest years (even when I didn't understand it), must have got recorded, registered and saved.

Later on in life, at frequent intervals, literally once or twice in every decade, I had to say more 'Permanent Farewells', to close family members; from a sibling, to Grandparents, a couple of uncles and aunts, a cousin, and then my Parents too. Sadly, 'Those Goodbye's were Forever' and could never be reversed.😢

To add to that, I spent half my life working as a Secondary School Teacher; and so, year after year, one entire batch of X Std. students left us, as they prepared to 'spread their wings and fly'. When you teach children for six long years, it's not the easiest thing to watch them leave and journey on, in search of 'New Horizons'. Once again, one would presume that this got easier over time, because you just get used to it; but the 'Class 10 Farewell Day' was always a difficult day for me to get through, every single year.😔

So slowly, I kind of began to dislike the fact that people had to always leave and go away, (whether temporarily or permanently) for whatever reasons. Consequently, I'm really 'not very fond of Goodbyes'. 

When 'Frequent Flyers' (among Friends and Family), who are kind of 'Born with Wings' and whose Work or Love for Travel and Adventure, makes them spend more time in those 'Blue Skies', than they do on the ground; I somehow just don't understand their desire and need to constantly 'Go Away', at all. 'I Wonder Why' they're always so anxious to leave Home, Family, Friends and everyone who would prefer that they could 'Always Be Close By', instead of going off 'wandering' so frequently.🤔

Maybe, for some individuals like Sportsmen, Media Professionals, Musicians, Businessmen, Seafarers, Airline Crew and many, many others, it probably would be the demand and requirement of their Job. For others, they may just be bitten by the 'Travel Bug', which fills them with an insatiable desire to go off, to 'Far Away Places' all the time.🌎

I guess, each of us is created uniquely and differently. Every one of our Lives, our Hopes, Dreams, Wishes and Desires, have also been shaped differently, due to our various 'Interests and  Life Experiences'. That's probably what makes our 'Outlook on Life and the Choices we make', different from one another.🤷

People say, 'Time Heals' and 'Loss only makes you stronger'. Maybe, for some it does; but through my experience, I've learnt that it only makes you more 'Aware' of the complete 'Uncertainty and Unpredictability of Life'. It teaches you to 'Live in the Moment' and to almost make 'One Day at a Time', your motto.

Unfortunately, when 'So Long, Farewell' is not just a song from a Musical that you love, when you have had to say it, with a steadily recurring frequency, and when you have been forced to bid adieu to 'Every Significant Person' in your life, by the age of 38, 'GOODBYE' definitely becomes your 'Least Favourite Word of all time'; and you end up longing and wishing, that instead of everyone always leaving and going away, people who are dear to you, for once, would just 'STAY'.✨️✍️


(On some days, my posts may seem a little incoherent, disjointed and all over the place. I guess, that's just me, 'Thinking out Loud'. My very random 'Fruit Salad' of Thoughts and Memories, lots of Rambling, Reflecting and Pondering; and kind of, 'all tied together with a Song' by 'BLUE', that I found, called 'NO GOODBYES'.🎶 

If only, that were really possible in Life, and the word 'Goodbye' didn't exist at all; then those close loved ones, that I miss most 'Every Single Day', would still be right here with me, instead of 'Somewhere up there in the clouds'.)✨️

(I may not be too fond of the word 'Goodbye'; but it sure has inspired some lovely songs, like this one, from the animated film, 'An American Tail'.

'SOMEWHERE OUT THERE' 🎶

By Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram.)✨️❤️

No comments: