At some time during the pandemic, because I used to listen to lots and lots of music, I discovered the United States Navy Band. I think I first heard a couple of their very humourously presented Christmas Carols, which I enjoyed; and then, I went on to listen to many of their other songs too. It is quite amazing to see how so many of these soldiers, are such talented singers and musicians.🎶
I guess, that's a common feature among the Police and Armed Forces here in India too, because I have had the good fortune of listening to some really great musicians from the Police and Armed Forces Bands here, a few times; and they are very good.
So, I thought I would share two songs from the United States Navy Band YT page. The first one is a cover of a beautiful song by Heather Nova called 'Singing You Through'. It is such an uplifting and comforting song. I love the very meaningful words, the melody and the awesome harmonies, which they've added to the song also.✨️
I'm sharing the second song, just because I love Disney songs. It's from the animated movie 'Moana', called 'How Far I'll Go'. I always love how Disney makes the songs in their films, such an integral part of the story. The line where the sky meets the sea, calling out to Moana, together with the steadily building tempo of the song, conveys her sense of adventure and longing to move beyond the island, so well. Disney songs have always been my favourite, and whenever I hear them anywhere, it takes me back to the film instantly.😊
No comments:
Post a Comment