Growing up, we were always warned,
'Don't talk to Strangers!'
...And we fearfully kept away;
Like good children, we obeyed.
As we journeyed along, we were taught,
'Stick to company, that you know well!'
...And we stayed on paths we knew;
Like dutiful youngsters, we never strayed.
Life went on, countless lessons we imbibed,
'Experience, forever the Best Teacher!'
...And we Lived and Learned everyday;
Like tattoos, those imprints with us remained.
But when through turbulent waters, we were forced to wade,
'Nothing ever prepares you for that!'
...And stumbling, crawling, we found our way;
Like a little toddler, discovering the magic in his feet.
With Isolation, Separation, Loss, Grief and Pain,
'Everything you knew, just turns on its head!'
...And with the 'Strangely Familiar', often more comfort and solace;
Like a warm blanket, on a cold winter's day.✨️❤️
(When I posted this on FB last year, on the 20th of March' 2023; a friend asked me where the 'Inspiration' for things that I write, comes from.
I answered, 'Everything, Everywhere, All at Once'.😊 That movie title was stuck in my head for a few days, since it had won at the Oscars.😂
A musician friend had also shared a new song, that his wife had released on this day last year; and after listening to the words of the song a couple of times, I just mentioned to him, that 'Inspiration could come from just about anywhere'; the people we meet, places we go to, memories stored away in our minds, music we listen to, things we love, nature and the world around us, everyday experiences, or even just ordinary things, like a board game played at home (in the case of that new song).😊
With me, I think I constantly have a volcano of words and thoughts inside me, forever waiting to burst out and erupt, at the drop of a hat. So, anything really, becomes a 'catalyst', to bring those words to life. Place a keypad or a pen in my hands and I just can't stop myself.✍️
...And, I also think it's a 'Gift from God'. Any talent we are blessed with, is something we always need to be 'Grateful' for.😊
Each time I put my thoughts into words, I'm just practising my skill, experimenting a little bit, with different styles and ways of putting words together...Hopefully, somewhere down the road, it will lead to something more...Poetry, Lyrics for songs, Books, Who knows!🤷♀️
That's the Dream...
...Like a Mirage in the Desert).✨️
No comments:
Post a Comment