This world with all its norms,
Is not the easiest place to fit in;
Especially when you'd rather differ,
It is a race, you'd not even try to win.
Unique thoughts, words and actions,
Tend to stick out, like a sore thumb;
A divergent thinking, non-conforming mind,
Always marches to the beat of their own drum.
There's comfort in a secluded cocoon,
Away from the mad rush of every day;
More satisfying to not do, and silently just be,
Thoughts becoming words, an outlet in some way.
A quiet, safe haven, preferable when life is a mess,
Far away, from endless questions and eyes that pry;
Perfectly created people, when stuck in an imperfect world,
Solitary Solace, leaves worldly expectations, high and dry.✍️
(Something that came to life, from 'the vacant spaces of the mind'. Wrote this on this day last year, 4th March '23 on FB.
I've never been an overly out-going person, but I've never been unfriendly or a complete loner either. Over the last few years though, I've kind of turned into somewhat of a hermit crab, or a recluse, and by choice. Lots of different reasons for that.
The 'Why' is really difficult to explain to others, because people don't really get it or understand, even though they think they do. I guess, the never- ending 'repetitive' questions, constant suggestions and unwanted opinions of 'concerned' people, just overwhelm me. So, I'd much rather, prefer to stay away from it all and keep to myself, as often as possible.)
No comments:
Post a Comment