Heart don't fail me now,
Courage don't desert me...🎶
Like always, there is constantly a soundtrack playing along in the background of my mind, all day, everyday. This morning, it was these words that just suddenly started playing in my head. They're from the animated movie 'Anastasia', that I must have watched a couple of decades ago. I don't even know, how I remember the song still; and how these words just came to me, almost when I was saying these things to myself.✨️
2024 hasn't been the best year for me, so far. Of the two and a half months that have gone by, I've been unwell for almost one whole month now. As a result, have been physically and emotionally, completely drained out. Someone asked me about 15 days ago, 'So, who is looking after you?'...How do you answer a question like that?🤔 I just smiled.😊
To add to that, I have had quite a week, trying to locate something very important. Turned everything upside down, in my quest to discover, what I thought was lost; because it was too important to be misplaced. I guess, that stress and anguish, just aggravated the illness, and brought it back in a new avatar; because although there are environmental and other causes for every sickness, our emotional state of mind, is always a big contributor to how good or not so good we feel, physically.
The great thing though, was that I finally and thankfully, found what I had been looking for high and low, very desperately. In the process, I also got down to at least starting out, on an extremely 'mammoth task', that I had been putting off for the longest time, because it always brings back too many memories, whenever I set out to do it - trying to look through old stuff, to decide what needs to stay and what needs to go. I have been doing a little of it, at a time, over the last 2 years; but moving along at a snail's pace (by choice really), because it is something that is too difficult to do, considering that every little thing, is connected to an unforgettable memory. My quest for what was lost, forced me to speed up the process, just a little bit.
There is so much to do; that it will probably take me a few years or maybe ten, to look through everything and get it all done. But this 'Journey To The Past', is something that I have avoided for too long, and it really needs to begin in earnest, however long or uphill, the struggle may be. Forcibly having to look for a lost treasure, was a start.😊
This song is so meaningful and very beautiful. I'm glad something reminded me of it today. Have shared the lyrics below too, because it is such a heartfelt song.✨️🎶
Found a lovely duet version of the song, sung so harmoniously, by Liz Callaway, who originally sang the song in the animated movie 'Anastasia', together with Christy Altomare, who was part of the original Broadway cast of 'Anastasia-The Musical'.❤️
JOURNEY TO THE PAST (Song Lyrics)🎶
- Liz Callaway
Heart, don't fail me now
Courage, don't desert me
Don't turn back now that we're here;
People always say
Life is full of choices
No one ever mentions fear,
Or how the world can seem so vast,
On a journey to the past.
Somewhere down this road
I know someone's waiting
Years of dreams just can't be wrong;
Arms will open wide
I'll be safe and wanted,
Finally Home where I belong.
Well, starting now I'm learning fast,
On this journey to the past.
Home, Love, Family❤️
There was once a time
I must have had them too.
Home, Love, Family✨️
I will never be complete
Until I find you.
One step at a time
One hope then another
Who knows where this road may go;
Back to who I was
On to find my future
Things my heart still needs to know,
Yes, let this be a sign
Let this road be mine
Let it lead me to my past;
And bring me Home
At Last.✨️✍️
No comments:
Post a Comment