Thursday, March 14, 2024

PICTURE PERFECT 🎢✍️

 

Three very different songs, that I listened to yesterday...They may seem unrelated; but if you look closely, they are somehow connected to one another. 

I listened to this Ed Sheeran cover by Boyce Avenue, because he is in the city for a concert. A friend, who just happened to be performing in a place that he visited, shared a 'Photograph' with him, which got everyone quite excited (and made me think of the first song). I mean, I'm not exactly a fan; but even those who buy a ticket for his concert, won't get close enough, to take a pic like that with him on Saturday. For anyone who loves music, meeting a singer whose songs you listen to, especially an International Aritst like that, is quite something. So, it's pretty amazing that she met him.😊

As I continued browsing through other songs, I just thought of the other two, during the course of the day, because they are from the Willie Nelson collection of songs called, 'Picture in a Frame'. 

I have listened to these songs before; but today, I just decided to save them here. I like all of them; but I think the words, together with the very sweet melody and harmony of 'Love me like a Song', makes it sound so 'simply beautiful'. Such a melodious duet by Kimmie Rhodes and Willie Nelson.✨️❤️

This is actually something I love doing, almost all the time, any time...It's a hobby, I developed over two decades, because I had to do this regularly, as part of my work. Finding the 'perfect songs' to match a particular theme, is so much fun. I like to think that it's a 'Special Gift', I have been blessed with. I enjoy it too, because in order to find the 'right match for a given topic', you have to listen to the lyrics of lots and lots of songs, very carefully and often repeatedly. In the process of doing that constantly for so long, it kind of became a part of what I now do everyday, even when it's not for work, just because it makes me happy.😊

I even have colleagues that I used to work with, who still text me occasionally, when they need to find just the right songs for something they are working on. Makes me happy to know, that they still think I make 'good choices', when it comes to picking appropriate, meaningful songs. 🎢

No comments: