Saturday, January 06, 2024

COBWEBS AND ILLUSIONS ✍️

If I was a Spider, creating webs would be my speciality,
Spinning each intricate and twisted weave;
The poor unsuspecting prey, would be ensnared,
Once caught and trapped, they could never leave.

If I was a Magician, at 'sleight of hand', I'd be an expert,
Appearing and Disappearing, in a moment of the show;
The perplexed and confused onlookers, would wonder,
'How did she do that?', they'd really want to know.

Today, Politicians, Lawyers and maybe, Journalists too,
Just about everyone, like a Spider and a Magician, wants to be;
With people constantly trying to 'Bend the Truth',
Everyday, it's getting more difficult, the 'Facts' to see.

Webs and Illusions, might seem like 'Fun-Time' for the Creators,
Because only they know, what's actually going on;
Sadly, 'Reality' gets completely tangled and caught up,
And in the bargain, 'Trust' is 'Forever Lost and Gone'. ✍️

No comments: