Sunday, January 28, 2024

I WILL SURVIVE ✍️


You haven't lived my very unique life,

Full of ups and downs, joy and strife,

So don't tell me, how I should live;

You haven't walked this bumpy road,

Or carried that same heavy load,

So just avoid, the free advice you give.


You haven't shed endless sorrowful tears,

Panicked all night, with never-ending fears,

So don't put, your own spin on my day;

You haven't felt the darts that were aimed,

When your hard work, someone else claimed,

So it's best, that not a word you say.


You haven't lived, hoping against hope,

Sleepless, helpless, barely managing to cope,

So don't tell me, how to do each thing;

You haven't often cried yourself to sleep,

With your world crumbling, tumbling in a heap,

So I'd rather, no words of wisdom you bring.


To tell people, how and what they need to do,

To many, comes just as easily as wearing a shoe,

And eager helpers, always want you to know;

That their way, is always right and best,

That they have solutions to every test,

Follow them, and for certain you will grow.


But I know for certain, I'll never learn,

Till everything, does topsy-turvy turn,

Each moment, an experience only mine;

I may tumble and fall along the way,

But I'll pick up the pieces, every single day,

And hopefully at the end, I'll still be fine. ✍️




No comments: