Wednesday, January 31, 2024

MY GOLD MEDALS ✨️✍️


Sportsmen who make the nation proud,

Businessmen who stand out in a crowd.


Scientists doing research in a foreign land,

Surgeons saving lives with their healing hand.


Pilots that fly people to places of their dreams,

Musicians that make the world, better than it seems.


Artists and Educators, Engineers and Doctors as well,

Lawyers and Journalists, Actors and Chefs so swell.


The list of professions, where there is now a part of me,

Just boundless; and every day new horizons they see.


They make me so proud, as they leave a mark,

For they all once sat in my classroom...Today, each 'A Bright Spark'.✨️


31st of January is the day on which Don Bosco is remembered fondly. Since I spent two decades as a part of the DB Family, 'Living His Dream' and being a 'Friend of the Young', just as he was; I couldn't help writing something about the true joy and satisfaction, that my journey as a 'Teacher' brought me. 

Each time I hear of the achievements and academic and professional milestones of my now grown-up boys, in so many varied fields, I feel so proud. The goals and the success that they achieve, are truly 'My Gold Medals'.😊✍️


'LIVE THE DREAM' - This has always been one of my favourite songs written about Don Bosco.


The Mumbai Salesians posted another Cover Version of that same song by Fr.Sunil Pinto earlier today. Am sharing that too.



...and this song, 'DON BOSCO IN OUR HEARTS' is the other song about Don Bosco, that I really love. It has a beautiful melody and lovely lyrics too. These two songs will always stay with me, even though I'm not physically on a DB campus every day. 

I guess like the words of this song,

'Don Bosco in our hearts, we'll always sing,

The melody you taught our hearts to sing.'✨️🎶❤️



No comments: