During the years when I was a student, I remember learning different 'Patriotic Songs' in school, in this month, for the 'Group Singing Competition' every year.
Besides that, we would also learn a few songs, from really old black and white films, for the flag hoisting function, held in our building.
Most of those songs, were written during the freedom struggle. So, the sentiments conveyed through the lyrics, really instill a feeling of patriotism for 'Mother India', whenever you sing them or hear them, even today.
In recent decades, there have been many songs in various movies and non-film albums, that have been dedicated to the nation. I like these two, most of all.
The first one is from Aamir Khan's TV show 'Satyameva Jayate'. Ram Sampath had composed many meaningful original songs, that were sung by different singers each week. I love it, because it truly evokes that patriotic feeling, whenever you listen to it.
BHARAT BHAGYA VIDHATA 🇮🇳 🎶
- Composed by Ram Sampath and sung by Shankar Mahadevan
The next song is one of my all-time favourite patriotic songs, by A.R. Rehman.
I remember, that back in college, when this song would play over the loudspeakers during 'Malhar' in Xavier's, which happened during this week; it just made you feel completely energised.
The entire campus would resound with this amazing tune, and there really was something so wonderful about this song, that I would love hearing it repeatedly, in those days.
MAA TUJHE SALAAM 🇮🇳 🎶
- A.R. Rehman
(Videos shared from different pages on YT.)
No comments:
Post a Comment