Friday, August 08, 2025

IF ONLY IN MY DREAMS ✨️💖

 

If there is one thing, that I have wished for most of all, right through my life, it has always been, 'I wish my Brother was still here with me'.💔

It is 'Raksha Bandhan' tomorrow, and everywhere you look, there are ads and reminders about the beauty and wonder of 'Sibling relationships'.

I lost my own brother, when I was only 10 years old, in a sudden and completely unexpected road accident. So, for close to four decades since then, I have longed for him to still be a part of my life, almost every single day.😪

I guess, in some way, he has always been around; because I constantly remind everyone who knows me, about him all the time, whenever I get a chance. Sharing old photographs of him, is just my way of making sure, that the people in my life, never forget him.✨️💖

When I was growing up, there was this one song, from an old Hindi movie, that always reminded me of my brother, and always made me cry, every time I heard it somewhere...It still does, even now.😔

It is an evergreen Hindi song, that a brother sings to his sister. So, someone or the other, always shares it again, during this time. I found one of those newer videos today.

EK HAZAARON MEIN, MERI BEHNA HAIN 😪💔🎶


...and this is another song that I love. Probably, if my brother and my parents were still around, they would say things like this to me, to encourage me and to make me feel supported, whenever I needed it. 

Since they aren't around anymore, I can only listen to a song like this; and while I imagine them singing it to me, I just encourage myself. 

I guess, that's what people, who weren't given much of a choice, in the way their life turned out, do.🤷🏻‍♀️

I HOPE YOU DANCE 🎶❤️

- Ronan Keating



(Videos shared from various YT pages.)




No comments: