(A FB Memory from 3 years ago. This was originally written on the 5th of March '2022. It was a Women's Day concert, which had some of Mumbai's best Women singers on stage.)
I think I chose a really awesome show, for my first time back at the NCPA, after a gap of two long years, due to the pandemic. The Tata Theatre truly is one of my favourite places in Mumbai; and it has been so difficult, to stay away from it for such a long time.
Samantha Noella, Shazneen Arethna, Suzanne D'Mello Misquitta and Eden Alexander were just so amazing, singing together; backed by a really good band too. They picked some fabulous songs, that have been sung by many awesome women; and it goes without saying, they did full justice to every song.π
It was great to hear Faustin Missier, playing in the band also.π I was very proud, to finally be there to hear one of my old students from DB, Vivian D'Souza on Bass Guitar, playing 'Live' at a concert at the NCPA.π
The other musicians were amazing too. I especially loved all those varied percussion instruments. They added so much to every song.ππΌππΌππΌ
What a feeling to hear a 'Live Performance' again, after two long years. Enjoying the entire show with friends and a couple of students too, that I happened to meet at the NCPA; and realising that we had all booked tickets so close to one another, was an added bonus.ππΆ
Was also happy to meet some fabulous singers, that I have enjoyed listening to over the last two years - Shanelle Ferreira, little Kaydeynce Mendonca and one of my favourites Eshaan Shaikh.❤
Travelling by Mumbai's lifeline again, after a very long gap, and discovering that nothing has changed at all in two years, was fun too.
Catching a glimpse of the sea again, at Marine Drive, and watching the sun set over the waters, is also something I haven't done, in such a long time.
Today was a good day.π





No comments:
Post a Comment