Was just thinking about how 'the last' anything, is often the most interesting and memorable.π
-The last chapter of a book, where the story may suddenly take an unexpected twist or turn, or may end in happily ever after.π
- The last scene in a movie or a play, which could evoke a very dramatic or emotional response from the viewers or the audience, depending on how engaging the story has been.π¬π
- The last verse or chorus of a song, which could either be steadily leading to a crescendo, or may end very softly and gently, according to what the composer was trying to convey.πΆπ·π»πΉ
- The last lap of a race, which eventually decides who the winner is going to be at the Finish Line.ππ₯
- The last slice of delicious chocolate cake, a cheesy pizza or some spicy tandoori chicken, left on a serving tray in a restaurant or at a party. I think almost anyone would love to get their hands on one of those.ππ°ππ
- The last day of a year, which is celebrated all over the world, simply because it also marks the beginning of a New Year.ππ
- The last few moments spent with a loved one, before they head off to their heavenly home (at least for people who are lucky enough to have those moments); which could be filled with a lot of emotion and countless tears.π’❤
Every ending, even unhappy ones, are always a new beginning. So, even when it's hard and it may seem like a difficult step to take, we just need to remember that 'the sun will always come out tomorrow'; and with each new sunrise comes new possibilities, new hopes, new dreams.π
I guess that's why books have a 'Part Two', movies have sequels, every poet or song-writer keeps composing new songs, every chef or cook keeps experimenting and churning out new dishes...
...Well maybe, the only thing that cannot have a Part Two, is the loved ones we've lost along the way. That is one parting that is 'Absolutely Final' and with a 'no return' policy;π’ but I guess, we always find new people, who come into our lives and join us somewhere along the journey; with whom we share new experiences, create new memories, paint new pictures, sing new melodies.π
I like to think that 'Life is like a Story', written by the greatest Writer of Stories there ever was. Even when the first half of it is memorable and unforgettable, the ending is often left 'open-ended'; and that sometimes leaves us wondering about 'What's going to happen next?'π€
(This is a post I originally wrote on FB, two years ago on this day, on the 22nd of Feb. '22.
Thinking about it today (two years later), I remember exactly why I wrote this one too. It was around the time, when I had finally decided to say adieu to an 18 year old chapter of my life, which was and always will remain very dear to me. Hadn't told anyone about my decision till then, other than a couple of close friends at work. This post was my way of putting things in perspective for myself and I guess, me trying to prepare myself for one of the most difficult decisions and steps, I had ever taken in life.
Sometimes, these old posts that I've written before, really surprise me when I read them again, (thanks to FB memories).π So Thankful for the 'Gift' of being able to put my 'thoughts into words' in unique ways like this, when I write.✍️
I'm just saving as many of these random things, that I've written over the last few years, in one place here on this blog, as and when I discover them again.)
No comments:
Post a Comment