How right Shakespeare was when he said, 'All the world's a stage'; and all of us, are merely playing a part, in this grand play called 'Life'.🎭
...and 'Life' by definition is a series of ups and downs, highs and lows, good times and not so good times, joy and sorrow.😊😢
Despite that however, a majority of us, choose to wear masks right through our lives; and even more after Social Media became a part of our lives. Painting happy pictures to cover up the hurt, unhappiness, sadness or maybe even depression, is something many of us do, so automatically these days...Why? Maybe because, there is an unconscious desire in all of us, to have people see us, the way we think they would prefer to.
The reason why I thought of putting down some thoughts about this today, is because I frequently get told to 'Let Go!', to 'Stop living in the past', to 'Be Happy'! Probably because I often "CHOOSE TO" share memories and posts, about the loved ones I've lost, people feel they have to pull me out of it.🤔
What most people don't realise is, that maybe I like holding on; because it makes me feel closer to the ones I miss.✨️ I do appreciate the love and concern of friends, but it actually only irritates me, when people say such things to me, enough to actually write a post about it.😕
I think there is no one on this planet, who doesn't have unhappy memories. Everyone just tries to hide them, behind 'Happy Masks' or bury them forever, never to be seen or heard of again; but in reality 'No one ever forgets' and that's the truth.😊
So when I choose to remember, over and over again, it's because that's my way of keeping 'Happy Memories' alive. It may seem like a lot of unhappy stories; but sharing those memories with friends, actually makes me happy.❤ We all find our own ways of coping and finding joy. This is mine.
Just my way of 'keeping the music playing'.🎶✨️✍️
(Discovered another old post from this day, three years ago, which I wrote on 24th Feb. '21.
I'm sure I must have been really irritated, by something that some 'overly concerned' person said on that day, to have reacted like this in a post; which people who know me well, would realise is truly very uncharacteristic of me, because I rarely ever lash out at anyone.
I do feel happy each time FB Memories reminds me of old posts like these though, because reading all those lovely reassuring and uplifting comments on the post, from friends, makes me smile.😊
Another FB post, that I would like to save here, just because it's easier for me to find it here, rather than among all those endless posts there.)
HOW DO YOU KEEP THE MUSIC PLAYING 🎶
- Tony Bennett and Aretha Franklin
No comments:
Post a Comment