Friday, October 10, 2025

TWO STEPS FORWARD, ONE STEP BACKWARD

 

An old friend asked me yesterday, 'Have you processed your grief? Have you got closure after your many life struggles, over all the pain and the loss of your entire family, at the young age of 38?  

Most people tend to think, that it is necessary to do this, in order to move forward in life. 

I guess, that is how everyone copes or deals with, loss and death in the family. Forget all about it gradually, cover it up by making new memories everyday, bury the pain underground, never to be seen again, enjoy every moment in life, because you haven't died yet, and you're still breathing.


That probably works, for a lot of people. But, I'm not one of those people. I could never ever, close the most significant chapters of my life, just because those people, are not physically present, on this earth anymore. 

A parent and a sibling, can never be replaced by anyone, even years and decades, after they are gone. It is absolutely impossible to fill in the gaps, left by the absence of a mother, a father and a brother.πŸ˜ͺ From where do you get a new mother, a new father and a new brother, after they have died?πŸ’”...You just can't.πŸ˜”

So, I will carry the memories of my parents and my brother with me, till the day I join them up in heaven. The happy memories, and the sad and difficult ones too. Those memories; even the painful ones, are what keep me connected to them...and I will hold on to every single one of them, 'Forever and Ever'.✨️πŸ’–


It's difficult to explain this concept to people. Even family and friends, don't really seem to understand. 

They may want to forget. I don't want to.

They may choose to move on. I never will.

...And that's how, I deal with Loss and Death.🀷🏻‍♀️

No two people process 'Grief' in the same way. Each one has their own methods. It doesn't make any one, the right or wrong way. They are just different people's 'unique techniques and coping strategies', of making sense of whatever situations, life takes them through.


I'm sharing a few videos that I've watched recently. I liked listening to these. Hopefully, they may help another person, to deal with their own challenging situations, one day at a time; even if it is, two steps forward, one step backward. πŸ™











(Videos shared from various pages on YT.)



No comments: