Lyrics like these make songs Special.😊
I like the many 'comparisons' used by the Songwriter, to describe Love.💞
PERHAPS LOVE (Song Lyrics) 🎶
- John Denver and Placido Domingo
Perhaps Love is like a resting place
A shelter from the storm
It exists to give you comfort
It is there to keep you warm;
And in those times of trouble
When you are most alone
The memory of Love will bring you home.❤️
Perhaps Love is like a window
Perhaps an open door
It invites you to come closer
It wants to show you more;
And even if you lose yourself
And don't know what to do
The memory of Love will see you through.✨️
Oh, Love to some is like a cloud
To some as strong as steel
For some a way of living
For some a way to feel;
And some say Love is holding on
And some say letting go
And some say Love is everything
And some say they don't know.🤔
Perhaps Love is like the ocean
Full of conflict, full of pain
Like a fire when it's cold outside
Or thunder when it rains;
If I should live forever
And all my dreams come true
My memories of Love will be of you.✍️🎶
I first discovered this beautiful song, when Carlton Braganza sang it on his online show 'Jukebox Jammies' some years ago. I thought the lyrics were exceptionally meaningful and beautiful; and I've loved the song ever since that first time, when I heard it.❤️
This is from a more recent show, earlier this year. Carlton singing that same song as Placido, in a cover duet version with John Denver.😊
No comments:
Post a Comment