When I finished school way back in ‘96, it seemed like I was leaving so much behind…
Then I joined Xavier’s and the next 'five years' were my most memorable years ever.
People said I would miss school, but I didn’t…I guess Xavier’s does that for people. Once a Xavierite, always a Xavierite!!!
It’s only people who’ve been there, who will be able to understand what it’s like. You just can’t wipe out the feelings, the joy, the memories, the pride, the thrill of those five years that you spend in that college...
Thinking of Xavier's and the times I spent there, makes me happy even today.😊
Dropped in for NOSTALGIA, the Reunion organized in college earlier this year…It brought back so many memories, just to be in the campus again.
Many of my friends didn’t show up; but I met other old friends, whom I hadn’t expected to bump into. It was nice to know what people had been doing, over the past five years since I had left Xavier’s.
I kept looking around and staring at how things had changed. A lot of things were different; and yet, everything was still the same.
Xavier’s was my 'Home'…I’d been away from my Home for 5 years; but still, I didn’t feel like I’d ever left the place. There is a feeling of belonging with that college, that cannot really be expressed in words.
But, in the words of the old 'College Song' by Kim Cardoz, that I Loved so much, ‘St. Xavier’s, You Gave Me Wings…and it’s those wings that will always help me fly back to you'. Wherever life may lead me, if there’s one thing that I will always hold on to, it will be the memory of the times spent in Xavier’s.✨️❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment