Saturday, July 25, 2026

CHORAL HARMONIES LIKE THESE 🎢✨️πŸ’•


I used to sing in choirs for a large part of my life. From the time, I was a child in school, till about the age of 35 or so, I was actively part of different choirs, in school, college, the parish; and whenever, I got opportunities to sing with various groups of friends, for events or occasions. 

So, I have always been very fond of Choral music and vocal harmonies. Even though, I don't sing regularly any more, and only join in to sing with friends, for small events, (which involve fewer days of rehearsals and practices), I still enjoy listening to Choral music, whenever I get a chance to do so; either online or at concerts happening in the city.

Last year in 2025, I read that Ben Bram was going to be starting a new Choral group in New York, and that he had invited people to audition for it. This was quite exciting to read about, even though we are half way across the world, from where they are. 

I have loved his arrangements over the years, with Pentatonix, a group that he co-created and arranged music for. He has also been nominated for Grammys and Emmy awards, for a few of his vocal arrangements, in different music shows on television. So, I knew that whatever he does, with this new Choral group, would be pretty amazing.✨️πŸ’•

Yesterday, I found the page of the 'New York Vocal Collective' directed by Ben Bram, on YouTube. I've heard small groups singing in harmony before. But, it's really wonderful to listen to such a big choir, singing acappella, with all the twists and turns in these amazing arrangements, of well known songs.🎼

Sharing three of their most recent songs, posted a few days ago. I loved hearing them; and I'm sure anyone else who listens to these acappella harmonies, will enjoy them too.🎢✨️πŸ’–








(Songs shared from the 'New York Vocal Collective' YT page.)


No comments: