I'm not the most Fun person to be around at Christmas time. So, I consciously choose, to stay away from it all. I love the memories; but not the reminders.😢 Not sure everyone will understand the 'difference' between the two; but I guess, those who really know me, will understand why...Maybe someday, I'll go back to thinking of and celebrating Christmas, like the ones I used to know...but not yet.😊
WHEN CHRISTMAS CHANGED FOREVER...✍️
Christmas Tree, Decorations and Lights,
A table laden with Food, What a Feast!
A Crib and a Star, Cakes and Sweets,
Made over a week of late nights, at least.
Carols playing right through December,
Extra-long Choir practices, What Fun!
Hot coffee and songs, after Midnight Mass,
At Christmas Time, ALL of this, we've done.
Then 2009, one Christmas came,
And everything changed, What a Week!
22nd to 28th - Ambulances and Hospitals,
Those sirens, for months later made me freak.
The decade that followed, it kept going on and on,
Almost 9 years of wondering, What More!,
With doctors and nurses for company,
Menus of different hospital cafeterias in store.
And in all that time, Christmas just Changed,
It all began to seem like, What a Waste!
The frills and thrills that the season brings,
On so much frivolousness, seemed to be based.
Life made this choice for me, not ideal but so Real,
And I somehow prefer it quieter now, What Calm!
Only listen to some carols; In Church, sing a few too,
The rest, not so joyful; but the resulting Peace - A Balm.✨️❤️
(Originally posted on FB, last year on this day, 19th Dec. '22)
No comments:
Post a Comment