Thursday, October 01, 2026

BLESSINGS IN DISGUISE 🎢✨️πŸ’–


(I was reminded of this old FB post today, which I wrote on this day, 4 years ago, on the 1st of October' 2022. I don't think I have shared this one on my blog before. So, posting it here today.)


There are many times in our lives when we ask questions like, 

'Why did this have to happen to me?'

'What if things had happened differently?'

 'What if I could go back, to the way things were before?'


I know, that I've been asking these same questions every single day, for more than thirty-six years of my life.πŸ€”


Life continues, but the questions that haunt our minds never stop; 

and it doesn't really matter,

How strong or weak you are emotionally,

How deep your Faith and Hope is, or

How many unique and innovative ways and means you find, to escape from reality. 


The questions persist, as you try to make sense of the madness; and you coax yourself to move forward, 'One day at a time'.⏳️πŸ•“


For me, the days have turned into weeks, months and over thirty-six years now; but I still haven't stopped asking those same questions.πŸ₯²


And maybe, I will never get a satisfactory answer, to any of those questions;

Because how can any answer be good enough, to calm a broken heart and a restless mind, or to fill up, so many empty spaces in our lives, created at regular intervals, ever since you were ten years old.


But, a couple of years ago, I happened to discover this song called 'Blessings' by Laura Story.

In this song, she asks that same question, 'What if?' repeatedly. 

Her questions though, look at the 'What If's?' from a completely different perspective.


What if Your Blessings come through raindrops?

What if Your Healing comes through tears?

What if a thousand sleepless nights, are what it takes, to know You're near?

What if trials of this life, the rain, the storm, the hardest nights, are Your mercies in disguise?✨️πŸ’–


It's difficult to think about the struggles, the losses and the pain we experience, at the hardest times and moments of our lives, from this point of view every single day; because some days are just harder than others, and we just don't want to.


But then, on other days, we listen to a song like this, and somehow think about the countless 'Blessings' we still have, even though we may not have everything and everyone, that we would have liked to have had, with us.


...and even though we still don't have the answers, we look at things differently; at least for a little while.🎢😊



(Song by Laura Story, shared from the Gaither Vocal Band YT page.)



No comments: